عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was to compare the mental health of women participating in public sport with inactive women in Rasht. 100 women participating in sport for all programs and 100 inactive women were selected using random sampling. Based on the results of normality tests for data, non-parametric statistical tests of Mann-Whitneyand Spearman correlation coefficient were used to analyze the data. The results showed that the health status of women participating in public sport are were better than inactive women, and they had less anxiety and sleep disorders than inactive women. The social function of women active women was better than inactive women and their depression was less than inactive women. Moreover, there was a significant relationship between mental health and duration of physical activity in active women. Thus, it can be stated that the mental health status of women participating in public sport is better than inactive women.
14. Eime. R, Harvey.J, Payne.W, Brown. W. (2010). Club sport: Contributing to health-related quality of life. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 12: 221–232.
15. Gillison.F, Suzanne.M, Sato.A, et al. (2009). The effects of exercise interventions on quality of life in clinical and healthy populations; a metaanalysis. Journal of Social Science & Medicine, (68): 1700–1710.
16. Rass, J.E & Hayes, D. (2008). Exercise and psychological well- being in the community. American Journal of Epidemiology, 127(4): 762-771.
17. Salguero.A, Garcı´a.R, Garcı´a.O. (2010). Physical activity, quality of life and symptoms of depression in community-dwelling and institutionalized older adults. Journal of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 10:110-116.
18. Silva John, M, Weinberg Roberts. (1989). psychologyycal foundation of sport. Philadelphia, W.B.Xaunders company.
19. World health organization. (2001). The world health report. Health system: Geneva. ,Life style for Health, fitness, and Wellness, 76.